Welcome to D.C. Hopefuls, a community focused around helping young professionals find their way to a successful and meaningful career in the most important city in the world.
I was just like you. I did not want a job, I wanted a career. I did not just want a career, I wanted to better my country. I did not want to chase a paycheck, I wanted to follow my dreams. Just like you, I knew Washington, D.C. was the place to make it all happen!
My story is far from over, but if you had told me at age 25 I would be a Senior Intelligence Analyst working on the 9/11 cases I would have never believed you. It took me several years, countless mistakes, constant failure, and dozens of heartbreaking disappointments to make it where I am today. I now have a simple mission, to help others avoid my mistakes, learn from others in their situation, and make Washington, D.C. more accessible to people from all walks of life and all corners of our country.
You now have 3 simple choices:
- Give up now and never follow your dreams.
- Be like me. Reach your dreams at a nearly intolerable cost of heartache, disappointment, and frustration.
- Be different. Develop the steadfast spirit to reach your dreams and minimize unnecessary heartache, mistakes, and setbacks.
I have no doubt you have chosen option 3!
Now that you have chose option 3 take these 3 steps.
Step 1: Join the D.C. Hopefuls Newsletter! This newsletter will not only notify you of new content, but will be a venue in which fellow job seekers can pose questions to the wide audience of D.C. Hopefuls!
Step 2: Check out D.C. Hopefuls Fellowship: A Career Group for the Serious Hopeful. This is the place to go for the person who knows they need more than blogs and articles. This is a place to gain an instant D.C. related/based network and learn what it takes to get the career you want!
Step 3: Send me an email! That is right I want to talk via email or phone to anyone interested in D.C. Hopefuls. I love to offer my advice and share my vision to anyone who is interested. So send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE to schedule a 30-minute conversation with me about your career aspirations, struggles, and/or questions
I promise to give you my best insight, information, strategy, and guidance…..what you do with it is up to you!
* Please join the D.C. Hopefuls Newsletter!
* Like us on Facebook at D.C. Hopefuls Facebook Page
* Follow us on twitter at @dchopefuls
* CLICK HERE to schedule a 30-minute conversation with me about your career aspirations, struggles, and/or questions